I shared a quick get-to-know me sort of post over on my Facebook and Instagram accounts this morning. Thought it would be fun to share on here as well for those of you who aren’t on social media. I’d LOVE for you to share something about yourself in a comment too so we can get to know each other a bit more.
I’ll start with 10 things you need (or might not need – haha) to know about me:
- I’ve been married for almost 19 years to my best friend, Eric, and am Mom to Emma who is 12.
- I love Jesus and often picture simply sitting with Him talking about my day, my worries, etc. like I would with a dear friend.
- I love, love, love coffee…hot, iced, whatever!
- I first seriously considered writing after reading Anne of Green Gables around 11 years old because I wanted to transport people to new places and let them meet new people in the same way L.M. Montgomery did for me!
- I was born in Hawaii, raised in Orlando, spent the first decade of married life in North Carolina, and now live in Texas. (We plan to retire in the mountains of NC!)
- I work full-time from home (even when there’s not a pandemic) as a communications/public relations coordinator for a national non-profit based in Nashville.
- My sister Cyndi and I are identical twins!
- I am an introvert, an INFJ personality type, and a 4 on the Enneagram (Google it if you aren’t familiar)…all of these things should tell you more about me than just about anything. LOL
- I cry at everything…happy, sad, nostalgic, beautiful, scary…commercials, songs, a pretty sunset, etc.
- I decided early on in my writing journey to independently publish because it allows me to do things on my own timetable, stay flexible when life happens, and removes a lot of pressure that often brings me anxiety. So far, I’ve never regretted the decision and am so grateful for my little corner of the publishing world!
BONUS: I would be happy eating bread and good cheese for the rest of my life; I hate olives; and I consider Diet Coke to be one of life’s simple pleasures.
Well, that’s me in a nutshell. Be sure to comment with something about you that you’d like me to know. These little corners of the internet can make it hard to really know someone. And, while I know the list above is simply a snapshot of me, maybe it helps us feel a little more acquainted. Thanks for being here and reading along!