I shared a quick get-to-know me sort of post over on my Facebook and Instagram accounts this morning. Thought it would be fun to share on here as well for those of you who aren’t on social media. I’d LOVE for you to share something about yourself in a comment too so we can get to know each other a bit more.
I’ll start with 10 things you need (or might not need – haha) to know about me:
- I’ve been married for almost 19 years to my best friend, Eric, and am Mom to Emma who is 12.
- I love Jesus and often picture simply sitting with Him talking about my day, my worries, etc. like I would with a dear friend.
- I love, love, love coffee…hot, iced, whatever!
- I first seriously considered writing after reading Anne of Green Gables around 11 years old because I wanted to transport people to new places and let them meet new people in the same way L.M. Montgomery did for me!
- I was born in Hawaii, raised in Orlando, spent the first decade of married life in North Carolina, and now live in Texas. (We plan to retire in the mountains of NC!)
- I work full-time from home (even when there’s not a pandemic) as a communications/public relations coordinator for a national non-profit based in Nashville.
- My sister Cyndi and I are identical twins!
- I am an introvert, an INFJ personality type, and a 4 on the Enneagram (Google it if you aren’t familiar)…all of these things should tell you more about me than just about anything. LOL
- I cry at everything…happy, sad, nostalgic, beautiful, scary…commercials, songs, a pretty sunset, etc.
- I decided early on in my writing journey to independently publish because it allows me to do things on my own timetable, stay flexible when life happens, and removes a lot of pressure that often brings me anxiety. So far, I’ve never regretted the decision and am so grateful for my little corner of the publishing world!
BONUS: I would be happy eating bread and good cheese for the rest of my life; I hate olives; and I consider Diet Coke to be one of life’s simple pleasures.
Well, that’s me in a nutshell. Be sure to comment with something about you that you’d like me to know. These little corners of the internet can make it hard to really know someone. And, while I know the list above is simply a snapshot of me, maybe it helps us feel a little more acquainted. Thanks for being here and reading along!
10 thoughts on “Getting to Know You (Well, Me)”
I’ve been married for almost 19 years, also, to my best friend, Chris, and am Mom to Lucas who is 14 & Marcus who is 10.
I love Jesus and often picture Him as my Shepherd holding me like a pet lamb.
I’m not a huge fan of coffee. I prefer hot chocolate, but I have to be very careful about caffeine nowadays. Decaf tea works well.
I love, love, love Anne of Green Gables! I’ve probably read it 50 times or more! Anne’s House of Dreams was one of my favorites in the series after the original.
I was born & raised in Idaho, went to college in Pensacola, FL, and moved to western North Carolina, where I live now.
I work full-time from home (even when there’s not a pandemic) as a homeschool mom, writer, and blogger. I’m also a part-time volunteer with Proverbs31.
I have one sister, 3 1/2 years younger than me.
I am an introvert. I used to love personality tests until my church had a special class showing how many of them have roots in New Age/Eastern philosophy.
I cry at everything…happy, sad, nostalgic, beautiful…commercials, songs, a pretty sunset, etc. I used to not be a big crier — until I had kids. Then the waterworks started. 😉
I decided early on in my writing journey to independently publish, also. I was just too impatient to wait for an agent and then a book deal. Now that I’ve self-published, I can’t find an agent willing to take a chance on me. So I’m sticking with self-publishing.
BONUS: I would be happy eating bread and good cheese for the rest of my life; I love black olives but can’t stand green olives. I hate soda now, though I used to drink up to 3 Mountain Dews a day without any problem.
Fun! Thanks for sharing so much about you!!
I am not a writer! My husband, Ben, & I will be married 50yrs. later this month!! I am Teresa’s (and Cyndi’s) Mom. I also love coffee And chocolate!! I was a Navy Brat & Navy Wife, so won’t go into where all I have lived. I have gone glider plane flying & have sky dived. I love the ocean & mountains equally. I am more busy at times being retired than I ever was before! But, it is in my timing. Most of all, I love life, Jesus & family! I am blessed!
Obviously, I already knew all of this! 🙂 But thanks for always reading and commenting, Mom!
I have been married 44 years to the same man. 😊 We have 2 daughters, 2 son in law’s and 6 living grandchildren. I have 1 granddaughter in Heaven. I play a bass guitar in church and been playing since I was in 7th grade. I love music and singing. I love to read, put puzzles together & crochet. I love staying at home even when there wasn’t a pandemic. So staying at home has not bothered me at all. We have been seeing our family throughout the pandemic except 3 times my oldest daughter and her family were exposed so they stayed away for two weeks each time. My husband has had cancer for 10 yrs and has took chemo for all of that time. He is now taking radiation along with that. We are a family that loves God and our church.
Brenda, I’m so glad to get to know you a little better! Your family sounds lovely!
I share your love of coffee. Hot in the morning and cold until afternoon before switching to green tea 😉 I grew up in the mid west but have lived in the southeast over 30 years now. I’m also an introvert, love to read, love to be home, love to be with my husband -married almost 29years). Love design, good furniture, white paint, black paint, art, recipes, house plans, our sweet terrier and photography. Blessed and thankful.🙏
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for letting me get to know you a little bit, Barbara!
Always nice to know another 4! 🙂 Anne of Green Gables is such a wonderful classic. For me, Ella Enchanted inspired me to really pursue writing ✍️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Us rare 4s have to stick together. 😉